Prep 45 mins
Cook 15 mins
Although not originally a Japanese recipe, Korokke is widely enjoyed in Japan today. There are many kinds of korokke, both sweet and savory. They are basically deep fried croquettes. This is a recipe for a filling with onion, ground beef and potatoe, one of the more popular types of korokke.
- 1 lb potato
- 1⁄4 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 onion
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- vegetable oil
- panko breadcrumbs
- Peel potatoes, cut into chunks and boil until soft.
- Mash potatoes.
- Mince onion, place in a frying pan and saute.
- Add ground beef to onions and continue to saute.
- Remove from heat, season with salt and pepper and stir well.
- Form into flat, oval-shaped pieces.
- Coat each piece in flour.
- Dip in beaten egg.
- Coat entirely in panko.
- Fry in 350 degree oil until browned.
Excellent and so easy! Thanks for rescuing dinner last night!
Great basic recipe! I used these dutch yellow potatoes and they were great and then added purple onion and bacon instead of ground beef. it's fantastic! Thanks!
These needed 3 eggs instead of 1, and I added a little bit of sugar to balance out the taste. My son said it was pretty good, so I will make them again. Thank you for posting.