Recipe by mersaydees
This is based on a recipe from Jamie Oliver’s cookbook, Jamie’s Food Revolution. He says this is an easy homemade curry paste.
Top Review by awalde
Thanks for this basic Korma recipe, I hope folks will try it and enjoy.
I prepared the recipe with the food processor using whole almonds and frozen fresh cilantro. Soo easy! Thanks the salt I think that this can be stored for some days or perhaps weeks.
I used this Korma with chicken:
Marinate chicken breast in 1 inch pieces with plain yogurt and Korma for 30 minutes. Prepare some fried onions, set aside. Remove chicken from marinate and fry about 10 minutes. Add remaining marinate and fried onion. Cook until done and serve with roasted almonds.
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger, peeled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 fresh green chilies
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened dried shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons almond flour
- 1 small bunch fresh cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- Place a frying pan on medium to high heat and add the cumin and coriander seeds to the dry pan. Lightly toast them for a few minutes until golden brown and fragrant; remove pan from heat.
- Add toasted spices to a mortar and pestle and grind until fine, or put them into a food processor and whiz to a powder.
- Add ground spices to a food processor, if you haven’t done so already, with the remaining ingredients and process until you have a smooth paste.