Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Quick and easy yet again.
Make and share this Korma-Curried Lamb Pilaf recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 600 g lamb fillets, cut into 3cm pieces
- 6 cardamom pods, crushed
- 2 tablespoons korma mild curry paste
- 2 (250 g) packetsof quick cook basmati rice (pre-cooked rice)
- 250 ml chicken stock
- 300 ml plain yogurt
- 150 g frozen peas, thawed
- 1⁄3 cup fresh coriander leaves
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add one-third of the lamb and cook, turning occasionally, for 3 minutes or until browned.
- Transfer to a plate.
- Repeat, in 2 more batches with the remaining lamb, heating the pan between batches.
- Add the cardamom pods and curry paste to the pan and cook, stirring, for 1 min or until aromatic.
- Return the lamb to the pan and stir to coat.
- Add the rice stock and 100ml of the yogurt and stir until well combined
- Season with salt.
- Cook, covered, for 2 minutes or until heated though.
- Stir in the peas.
- Remove from heat.
- Set aside, covered for 2 minutes or until the peas are heated through.
- Meanwhile, chop half of the coriander leaves and place in a small bowl.
- Add the remaining yogurt, and stir until well combined.
- Divide the pilaf among serving bowls.
- Top with a dollop of the yogurt mixture.
- Sprinkle with the remaining coriander leaves to serve.
As promised, a simple meal to put together. Good, mild flavor combination. I didn't have quite enough lamb and added some potaotes (which required a bit of extra simmering before adding the rice and yogurt). Thanks for sharing!