Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Posted in reply to a request for a Danish butter cookie recipe. This recipe is from my old (1973) "Common Market Cookbook/Denmark." The yield for this recipe isn't given in the book and its been so long since I've made them, I really don't remember how many cookies it makes.
- 7 ounces butter
- 7 ounces sugar
- 4 ounces currants
- 4 ounces plain flour
- 4 ounces desiccated coconut
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add all remaining ingredients and stir until smooth.
- With a teaspoon, place dots of dough on a well-greased baking sheet.
- Do not place cookies too close, as they spread while baking.
- Bake in a fairly hot oven (400°F, 200°C, GM 6) for 10 minutes until golden brown.
- Leave to cool on baking sheet for a few minutes before removing.
This recipie looks like gourmet pornography. Do you see that fat content in the nutritional facts? If someone wants to break a diet, and break bad, this would be the way to go... *I'll be making some this evening* ha!