Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
A very simple recipe.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs chicken wings, wing tips cut off, trimmed and separated into 2 joints
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Mix all the ingredients but chicken into a large glass bowl or baking pan.
- Add wings, stir and marinate at least 4 hours in the refrigerator (have at room temperature for 1/2 an hour before proceeding with recipe).
- Drain and reserve marinade.
- Start BBQ or preheat broiler.
- BBQ or grill wings until brown, about 15-20 minutes.
- Turn after 10 minutes and baste with marinade.
Lots of better recipes than this one
Excellent wings. I was leary marinating at room temperature for 2 hours, so marinated in the fridge all afternoon. I baked these than placed them under the broiler for a few minutes. Thanks evelyn/athens!
I love wings and these are great! I baked mine at 350 degrees for about 30 - 40 minutes.