Recipe by Sharon123
This is a traditional Korean breakfast cereal adapted from the California Walnut folks. It’s delicious topped with some maple syrup or honey.
Top Review by UmmBinat
DD (toddler) and I love this and it is easy! Since we are dairy free this is perfect on a chilly morning. It reminds me of creamed rice cereal. This makes more than 4 servings, more like 6-8. I used Indian white Basmati rice which I soaked more than usual, sea salt & the chopped walnuts. I liked the additional crunch of the chopped walnuts on top along with raw, organic, local honey. I did cook the mixture longer than I feel the recipe calls for, to make the rice more cooked. I would make this again during Autumn and Winter. Made for Veggie Swap 38 ~ September ~
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup rice, soaked in water
- 7 cups water
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- maple syrup (optional) or honey (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In blender or food processor, grind walnuts, drained rice and 2 cups of water.
- Pour blended mixture into a medium sauce pan and add remaining water.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture boils. Add salt and stir.
- Serve in bowls garnished with walnuts. Top with maple syrup or honey if desired.