1/13 Photos of Korean Vegetable-Beef Stir Fry
A mildly spicy stir-fry. Serve over hot rice. As suggested by several reviewers, the sauce can be doubled. Just double the marinade ingredients and the water and cornstarch.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb boneless beef sirloin or 1/2 lb top round beef
- 1/4 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper (to taste)
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 cup carrot, peeled and julienned
- 1 cup broccoli floret, sliced
- 1 cup cauliflower floret, sliced
- 1Slice beef across the grain into bite-size strips. (If beef is partially frozen it is easier to slice).
- 2Combine green onions, soy sauce, garlic, sesame oil, sesame seed, red pepper flakes, sugar and pepper; add meat and marinate 30 minutes at room temperature.
- 3Drain meat, reserving marinade.
- 4Dissolve cornstarch in water and add to reserved marinade, mixing well.
- 5Preheat wok or large skillet over high heat; add 1 tablespoon oil, then add carrots and stir fry 3 minutes. Add broccoli and cauliflower slices and stir-fry 2 minutes (until vegetables are crisp-tender). Remove vegetables and keep warm.
- 6Add remaining oil to pan.
- 7Add half the beef to hot pan and stir-fry 2-3 minutes (until brown). Remove beef and stir-fry remaining meat. Return all meat to pan.
- 8Stir marinade a little and pour into skillet or wok. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Stir in the vegies. Cover and cook 1 minute.
- 9Serve over hot rice.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Korean Vegetable-Beef Stir Fry
Serving Size: 1 (200 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 535.5
- Calories from Fat 311
- Total Fat 34.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 68.0 mg
- Sodium 2149.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 11.3 g
- Protein 32.8 g