1 hr 10 mins
A light cake you can find in Korea at Tous Les Jours and other bakeries. I haven't tried this recipe because I don't have an oven here, so try at your own discretion!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream the butter and sugars in an electric mixer until light and fully combined. Add vanilla and eggs, one at a time, incorporating completely after each addition. Let egg and butter mixture blend until very light in color, about 4 minutes on medium/high speed.
- 2In a separate bowl add the flours, baking powder, and salt and whisk to combine.
- 3In a large measuring cup, measure the milk, add the mashed sweet potato and maple syrup and stir to combine.
- 4When the butter mixture is light and fluffy, add 1/3 of the flour mixture and mix well. Add 1/2 of the liquid ingredients and stir. Repeat with remaining flour mixture and liquid mixture, making sure to end with the dry ingredients. Make sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl when giving it a final mix.
- 5Pour the batter evenly between two 9 inch round cake pans that you've buttered and floured. Tap the pans lightly on the counter to remove any air bubbles and bake in a 350 degree oven for 40 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 6Cool cakes in their pans for 15 minutes, then turn out on to wire racks to cool completely.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Korean Sweet Potato Cake
Serving Size: 1 (135 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 411.8
- Calories from Fat 161
- Total Fat 17.9 g
- Saturated Fat 10.7 g
- Cholesterol 97.3 mg
- Sodium 388.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 28.8 g
- Protein 5.8 g