Prep 40 mins
Cook 20 mins
EatingWell; 199 calories
- 1 lb flank steak
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
- 1 cup diced peeled cucumber
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced shallot
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped of fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 head bibb lettuce, leaves separated
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Sprinkle steak with salt and pepper.
- Oil grill rack; grill the steak for 6-8 minutes per side for medium.
- Transfer steak to a cutting board; let steak rest for 5 minutes, then cut across the grain into thin slices.
- In a bowl, combine the sliced steak, cucumber, tomatoes, shallot, mint, basil, and cilantro.
- In a small bowl, mix the sugar, soy sauce, lime juice, and crushed red pepper flakes; drizzle over the steak mixture; toss to coat.
- Serve: spoon a portion of the steak mixture into a lettuce leaf and roll up like a wrap.