Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 hrs
I'm always looking for new recipes to make in my crock pot. Here's another easy and tasty one. I finally got around to making this I used pork spare ribs. I cooked them longer till they were falling off the bone. The sauce has a very good flavor. My husband was pleasantly surprised at the flavor.I found this in Family Circle Magazine.
- 1⁄2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 5 lbs beef short ribs or 5 lbs pork ribs
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded carrots
- 3 scallions, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 3 cups cooked white rice
- Blend soy sauce, sugar, oil, vinegar, ginger, garlic and red pepper in bowl.
- Place ribs in 5 quart slow cooker, add sauce. Cover, cook on High for 6 hours or Low for 9 hours, until meat is tender.
- Transfer ribs to a platter. Skim and discard excess fat from liquid. Combine cornstarch and 3 tablespoons water; blend with liquid in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat and cook for 2 minutes, stirring, until thickened. Stir in carrots. Top ribs with sauce, scallions and sesame seeds.
- Serve over cooked rice.
These rocked! I used pork spare ribs (the butcher cut them horizontally for me) and cut the meat back to 2 1/2 lbs but left the full amount of sauce. It was only just enough so next time I would basically triple the sauce amounts if I wanted to have it over rice.
Definitely a keeper in this house!
Wonderful, but heavy! next time I will trim more fat off of the ribs. We didn't have fresh ginger so I used ground ginger seasoning. The sauce is SUPERB!
Made these today. The flavour of the sauce was terrific. And the meat was fall of the bone tender. Will definitely be making these again. Thanks.