I'm always looking for new recipes to make in my crock pot. Here's another easy and tasty one. I finally got around to making this I used pork spare ribs. I cooked them longer till they were falling off the bone. The sauce has a very good flavor. My husband was pleasantly surprised at the flavor.I found this in Family Circle Magazine.
- 1⁄2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 5 lbs beef short ribs or 5 lbs pork ribs
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded carrots
- 3 scallions, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 3 cups cooked white rice
- Blend soy sauce, sugar, oil, vinegar, ginger, garlic and red pepper in bowl.
- Place ribs in 5 quart slow cooker, add sauce. Cover, cook on High for 6 hours or Low for 9 hours, until meat is tender.
- Transfer ribs to a platter. Skim and discard excess fat from liquid. Combine cornstarch and 3 tablespoons water; blend with liquid in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat and cook for 2 minutes, stirring, until thickened. Stir in carrots. Top ribs with sauce, scallions and sesame seeds.
- Serve over cooked rice.