Recipe by SolightlyUK
I pulled this off the web and it has become one my absolute favourite recipes. We have it at least once a month, sometimes more. Guests never fail to ask for the recipe. Note that prep time and cook time are approximations. It's a very quick and easy recipe.
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup canned chicken broth or 1⁄2 cup homemade stock
- 4 tuna steaks, about 1 ",thick
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 green onion, including green top chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, sugar, red pepper flakes, and broth.
- In a small sauce pan, heat sesame oil.
- Stir in the green onion and garlic and cook, stirring, for about 1 minute.
- Add the soy sauce mixture; simmer until reduced to approximately 1/3 cup.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle the fish with the salt and black pepper.
- Heat the cooking oil in a large frying pan over moderately high heat.
- Add the tuna and cook until brown, about 3 minutes.
- Turn and cook the fish until done to your taste.
- (This is best with the tuna still very pink in the center.) When done, cut the tuna into slices and serve with the sauce.