I pulled this off the web and it has become one my absolute favourite recipes. We have it at least once a month, sometimes more. Guests never fail to ask for the recipe. Note that prep time and cook time are approximations. It's a very quick and easy recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup canned chicken broth or 1/2 cup homemade stock
- 4 tuna steaks, about 1 ",thick
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 green onion, including green top chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, sugar, red pepper flakes, and broth.
- 2In a small sauce pan, heat sesame oil.
- 3Stir in the green onion and garlic and cook, stirring, for about 1 minute.
- 4Add the soy sauce mixture; simmer until reduced to approximately 1/3 cup.
- 5Meanwhile, sprinkle the fish with the salt and black pepper.
- 6Heat the cooking oil in a large frying pan over moderately high heat.
- 7Add the tuna and cook until brown, about 3 minutes.
- 8Turn and cook the fish until done to your taste.
- 9(This is best with the tuna still very pink in the center.) When done, cut the tuna into slices and serve with the sauce.
Browse Our Top Tuna Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Tuna Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Korean-Style Seared Tuna
Serving Size: 1 (60 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 97.2
- Calories from Fat 74
- Total Fat 8.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.3 mg
- Sodium 1241.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 3.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: