Prep 45 mins
Cook 8 hrs
- 3 lbs pork ribs or 3 lbs beef ribs, trimmed of excess fat
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice or 1 cup tangerine juice
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon finely minced fresh peeled gingerroot
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar or 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 2 green onions, green parts only, thinly sliced
- Place a large pan over med-high heat; add in the ribs and cook, turning, for 15-20 minutes, until browned on all sides.
- Transfer ribs to the slow cooker.
- In a bowl, mix the soy sauce, orange juice, vinegar, ginger, garlic, sesame oil, and brown sugar together.
- Pour the sauce over the ribs; cover and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours, until the meat is very tender.
- To serve: arrange ribs on plates or serving platter; spoon the sauce on top.
- Garnish with the sesame seeds and green onions; serve at once.