Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 mins
For all my meat loving friends. :) A quick and delicious meal. You can skip the tortillas if desired. Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay Show: Hot Off the Grill with Bobby Flay Episode: Asian Grilling
- 1 -2 tablespoon sugar (brown sugar is good)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sake
- 4 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 scallions
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped ginger
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 lb skirt steak, trimmed and cut into 4 portions
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat grill.
- Combine sugar, soy sauce, sake, garlic, scallions(white part only-reserve the green part), ginger and sesame oil in a medium size flat dish. Add the steak and coat well with the marinade. Let marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes and up to overnight, turning once.
- Remove meat from marinade and grill on each side for 2 to 3 minutes, for medium rare. If you like, reduce remaining marinade by about half and use to drizzle over grilled meat.
- Brush the remainder of the scallions(the green parts) with the oil and season with salt and pepper and grill them with the meat.
- Remove from grill, cover and let rest for 5 minutes. Slice thinly against the grain.
OMG!!! Just outstanding!! This went straight into my Best of 2013 Cookbook. I made this as written, using a little less then a pound of skirt steak and the only other change I made was to sub ground ginger (1/8 tsp) for the fresh. The bottom of the ingredients included vegetable oil, salt and pepper but was included in the directions. I went and looked at the food network site and it wasn't included there either, so I just guessed and brushed the remainder of the scallions with the oil and seasoned with salt and pepper and grilled them with the meat. This is so flavorful and so easy to pull together! Served it with some rice and corn on the cob. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for "Name that Ingredient Tag Game".
Amazing marinade! Because skirt steak is overpriced if not hard to find, I used venison tenderloin from the hunter's freezer. Of course, I relied on my Thermapen to tell when it was done. I put the vegetable oil on a 2nd plate, sprinkled it with salt and pepper and rolled the green onion stalks to coat. Thank you for updating the ingredients listing; for the marinade, you want us to mince the white part of the scallions. Made for Best of 2013 tag, based on the recommendation of diner524.