Recipe by graffeetee
You can use either cut of short ribs for this recipe. While normally short ribs are best after a long slow cooking, here they are grilled or broiled quickly. They still come out tender and tasty. This makes for a nice change from the usual stewing process. Prep time does not include marinating time.
Top Review by duonyte
Well, yum! I had the flanken-style short ribs, and the rest of the ingredients are pantry staples. I would add some green onions sliced on the diagonal next time, but these really turn out good. The weather was not cooperating, so I just pan-grilled them, and they turned out great.
- 4 lbs beef short ribs
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 2 -3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 teaspoon sambal oelek
Directions See How It's Made
- If using the regular cut of ribs, as opposed to the flanken cut, slash through the meat at 1/2 inch intervals all the way to the bone.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a container suitable for marinating the ribs.
- Add the ribs to the marinade and turn to coat all over.
- Refrigerate at least overnight to allow the ribs to marinate.
- Grill about six minutes per side, less if you like rarer meat.
- Alternatively, these may be broiled.