Recipe by itismc
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5 Fix. This is how we do Potatoes in Korea. It is a great side dish that incorporates sweet, salty and spicy.
- 1 (20 ounce) package Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion
- 3 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seed oil (often found near the soy sauce in Asian food section of grocery)
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (if you cannot find, substitute crushed red pepper)
Directions See How It's Made
- In bowl, mix together the soy sauce, honey, sesame seed oil and red pepper flakes. Set aside.
- Place a large nonstick pan over medium high heat. Add potatoes and brown. Once they have browned, add 1/2 cup of water and stir until water evaporates. Continue with adding 1/2 cup increments of water and cooking potatoes, until potatoes are "al dente" (don't want them soft).
- Turn heat to low and add soy mixture to the potatoes. Cook until potatoes well coated and honey dissolves 3-5 minutes.