1/1 Photo of Korean-Style Chicken Ww
From Weight Watchers "Everyone Loves Chicken" cookbook. It is 5 pts. per serving (1 chicken thigh). Tip: For added flavor, prick chicken all over with the tip of a sharp knife and marinate for 24 hours.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons mirin, rice wine
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs, 1/4 lb. each
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth, reduced sodium
- 1Combine the scallions, mirin, vinegar, sugar, soy sauce, 1 tspl. of the oil, and the crushed red pepper flakesin a zip closed bag; add the chicken and seal (removing all the air in the bag).
- 2Turn to coat the chicken; refrigerate, turning the bag occasionally, at least 2 hours or up to overnight.
- 3Lift the chicken from the marinade and pat dry with paper towels.
- 4Discard the marinade.
- 5Heat the remaining 1 teaspoons of oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- 6Add the chicken and cook until lightly browned, about 2 minutes per side.
- 7Add the broth; bring to a boil.
- 8Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, turning once, until the chicken is cooked through and the liquid is syrupy, about 10 minutes.
- 9Turn the chicken to coat in the liquid.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Korean-Style Chicken Ww
Serving Size: 1 (137 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 144.1
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 57.2 mg
- Sodium 438.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 14.8 g