Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
An employer of mine once taught me to make a variety of Korean dishes. Being from Korea, she knew first hand how to make the good stuff! This recipe can be used for Korean Beef or Pork Riblets as well as wings. You might want to try the marinade on veggies too, but, you don't have to boil the marinade if using ONLY for veggies. This recipe can be doubled :)
- 2 1⁄2 lbs chicken wings, tips removed, joints separated
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry or 1⁄4 cup rice wine
- 2 tablespoons sugar or 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds (optional)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon ginger, finley minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon chili oil (or as desired)
- pepper, as desired
- Mix everything except chicken in a 2 gal. ziplock or baking pan.
- Add wings and marinate at LEAST 4 hours in the refrigerator.
- (It's best if you let marinate overnight, up to 24 hours.)
- I mush the bag each time I open the fridge to help it along.
- Take out of fridge 1/2 hour before cooking.
- Drain wings, save marinade in saucepan.
- Bring marinade to boil, remove from heat and cool a bit.
- BBQ or broil wings until brown, about 15-20 minutes.
- Turn and baste frequently with reserved marinade.