Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A nice twist on traditional beef tacos from Cooking Light. Prep time does not include marinating time for beef.
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 5 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chili paste (such as sambal oelek)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 12 ounces flank steaks (sliced against the grain into thin strips)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- cooking spray
- 8 corn tortillas (6 inch)
- 3 tablespoons green onions, sliced
Quick Pickled Cabbage
- 3 cups napa cabbage, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons chili paste
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a shallow dish. Add steak to dish; cover. Marinate in refrigerator for 1 hour; turning after 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Remove steak from marinade and discard marinade. Thread steak onto 8 skewers; sprinkle with salt. Place skewers on grill rack coated with cooking spray. Grill 2 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Grill tortillas 30 seconds on each side or until lightly charred; keep warm. Place 2 tortillas on each of 4 plates and divide steak evenly among tortillas. Divide the Quick Pickled Cabbage evenly among tacos; sprinkle with onions.
- To make the quick pickled cabbage: Place 3 cups chopped Napa cabbage in a medium bowl with 2 crushed garlic cloves. Bring rice vinegar, soy sauce, sugar and chile paste to a boil. Pour hot vinegar mixture over cabbage; toss. Let stand at least 30 minutes.