America's Test Kitchen
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Adjust oven rack to lower-middle position and heat oven to 200 degrees.
- 2Bring water, rice, and 1 teaspoon salt to boil in medium saucepan over med-high heat.
- 3Cook until water level drops below surface of rice and small holes form, about 5 minutes.
- 4Decrease heat to low, cover, and cook until water is absorbed, about 5 minutes.
- 5Meanwhile, whisk 2 tablespoons soy sauce and sugar together in large bowl.
- 6Add steak and toss to coat.
- 7Heat 1 tablespoon oil in 12-inch nonstick skillet over med-high heat until just smoking.
- 8Cook half of steak until well browned, 1-2 minutes per side.
- 9Transfer to bowl and tent loosely with foil.
- 10Repeat with 1 tablespoon oil and remaining steak.
- 11Add 1 tablespoon oil, mushrooms, and remaining 1 tablespoon soy sauce to now empty skillet and cook until mushrooms are soft, about 2 minutes.
- 12Add spinach and cook until wilted, 2-3 minutes.
- 13Transfer to bowl and tent with foil.
- 14Portion rice into bowls and top with beef and mushroom-spinach mixture; keep bowls warm in oven.
- 15Wipe out skillet and heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat until shimmering.
- 16Crack eggs into 2 small bowls (2 eggs each).
- 17Add eggs to skillet, pour each bowl into opposite side of skillet.
- 18Season with salt and pepper, cover, and cook until whites are set, 2-3 minutes.
- 19Remove bowls from oven and top each with 1 egg; serve.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Korean-Style Beef and Rice Bowl
Serving Size: 1 (574 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 745.2
- Calories from Fat 303
- Total Fat 33.7 g
- Saturated Fat 9.2 g
- Cholesterol 271.0 mg
- Sodium 952.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 38.9 g