Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Taken from Gourmet.com at http://www.gourmet.com/food/2009/05/korean-tacos
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 3 teaspoons water
- 1 teaspoon mirin
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 lb flank steak, cut against the grain into bite sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups romaine lettuce, chopped finely
- 1 cup napa cabbage, chopped finely
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- flour tortilla
- sriracha sauce (to taste)
- lime wedge
- Combine the soy sauce, sesame oil, water, mirin, garlic, and sugar together in a large zip lock bag.
- Slice the flank steak, against the grain, into small bite size pieces.
- Place the meat into the marinade.
- Refrigerate for 2 to 24 hours.
- Combine the soy sauce, lime juice, sesame oil, and sugar together in a small bowl to make the salad dressing.
- Whisk until well combined; set aside to let flavors mingle.
- Heat a grill pan over medium high heat.
- Coat with cooking spray.
- Once the pan is hot, add the flank steak, and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring often until the meat is cooked to desired degree of doneness.
- Remove from the grill pan and set aside.
- Pour some of the marinade into the grill pan and cook on high for 2 to 3 minutes until it has boiled and reduced a bit.
- Pour the reduced marinade onto the cooked beef and toss to coat evenly.
- Chop the romaine lettuce and the napa cabbage finely.
- Toss them together with the green onion, shredded carrots, and cilantro. Drizzle the salad dressing on the salad, to taste.
- Toss to coat evenly.
- Wrap the flour tortillas in a damp towel and cook in the microwave for 30 seconds to warm them up.
- Place some of the meat into the tortilla followed by the salad.
- Top with some sriracha sauce.
- Serve the tacos with lime wedge and eat immediately.