Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 mins
This is spicy and hot, we love it. You could use a milder fermented paste if you wish.
- 12 ounces boneless pork loin
- 1 spring onion
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 piece fresh ginger, finely chopped (1 x 1/2 ")
- 2 tablespoons hot fermented black bean paste
- 3 ounces red peppers
- 3 ounces onions
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Cut the pork against the grain into slices about 2" x 1" x1/8".
- Cut the spring onion crosswise into very fine rounds.
- Combine pork, spring onion, garlic.
- ginger and hot fermented bean paste in a bowl.
- Mix well.
- Cover and set aside for 30 minutes or longer.
- Cut the pepper into 1/2" squares.
- Cut the onion into 1/2" cubes and then separate the layers.
- Just before serving put the oil in a large non stick frying pan and set over a high heat.
- When hot put in the pork together with all its marinade and stir fry for 3 minutes until the pork is white all the way through.
- Add about 6 tablespoons of water and the red pepper and onion.
- Stir and cook for a further 2 minutes on a high heat.
- Serve with noodles or plain rice.
Wonderful! Easy and Fast! My son gives this his highest compliments! I couldn't find just black bean paste, only garlic black bean paste. I used that and still used the garlic clove, but it was not overwhelming garlic like I was afraid it would be. Thank you for sharing!