Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 mins
This is a Great and fun meal! Its one of my favorites from the cook book Easy Skillet Meals. The only thing I found was that we wanted more at the end, so I suggest for bigger eaters that you double the recipe :)Also, its best to have everything ready cause the cooking goes quick!
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, peeled, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 garlic clove, crushed with press
- 1 lb beef top round steak, trimmed and cut in cubes
- 4 stalks celery & leaves, thinly sliced
- 1 (10 ounce) packageshredded carrots (1 3/4 Cups)
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 head lettuce, seperated into leaves
- 5 green onion tops
- In a medium bowl, stir soy sauce, sugar, oil,ginger, cayenne pepper and garlic till blended. Add beef, turning to coat. Set aside.
- In a nonstick 12 inch skillet, heat celery, carrots and water to a boiling over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring occasionaly, until vegetables are tender-crisp (2-3 min). Add beef and marinade,cook,stir-frying, until meat just loses pink color. about 2min. Stir in green onions and sesame seeds, cook, stirring 1 minute.
- To serve, let each person place a few tbls of beef mixture on a lettuce leaf. Wrap and eat as desired.