Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A delicious, flavorful salad. It's my favorite, and I hope you enjoy it, too!
- 1 package fresh spinach
- 1⁄2 lb bacon
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts
- 1 (14 ounce) can bean sprouts
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, diced
- 1⁄2 lb sliced mushrooms (optional)
- 1 cup cooking oil
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- Wash and drain spinach; break into bite-sized pieces.
- Fry, drain, and crumble bacon.
- Toss bacon and spinach with water chestnuts, bean sprouts, and eggs.
- Combine all dressing ingredients and mix well.
- Pour dressing over salad and serve.
- Note: This dressing is great on tossed salads, too!
This spinach salad was fantastic. The dressing was absolutely delicious. The only change I made was that I used fresh bean sprouts since I could not find the canned. This is definately a keeper. Thanks Kree for a great recipe.
This is the absolute best spinach salad I've had in a long time, even though I forgot the bean sprouts and decreased the salt to 1 teaspoon. Next time I will try it with the bean spouts also. Thanks Kree for sharing this winning salad!