1/4 Photos of Korean Spicy Chicken Wings - Restaurant Recipe!
Um Safia's Note:
This is a fantastic recipe I came across whilst roaming the 'net! It comes from the owner of a popular Korean restaurant where these chicken wings were the most popular of all his special order dishes. Time to make doesn't include chilling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb chicken wings (sectioned)
- 1/3 cup potatoes or 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- vegetable oil (for deep frying)
Stir Fry Sauce
- 2 tablespoons fine ground red chili pepper
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar (or honey, or corn syrup)
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar (or wine)
- 4 cloves peeled garlic
- 1/2 inch peeled fresh gingerroot
- 2 tablespoons korean red pepper paste (gochujang)
- water, as needed to obtain a thin paste
- 1Rinse the wings in cold water, then lightly salt and pepper them. Let stand about 10 to 15 minutes. Place wings in a large bowl and pour the milk over them, then place in refrigerator for about one hour, turning three to four times.
- 2For the Stir Fry Sauce: Place the ginger and garlic into a blender with just enough water to liquefy the mix. Pour into a small mixing bowl and add all other sauce ingredient & mix well. Finely chop the green/spring onion and set aside.
- 3Chicken Wings: Discard the milk and let wing section drain until just damp. Heat oil in a large cooking pot. (350ºF or use the bread test) Roll wings in starch and deep fry until golden brown then drain.
- 4Transfer the chicken to a large stir fry pan or wok over medium to medium high heat, add the sauce, and stir fry until all liquid is gone.
- 5Place onto a serving tray and garnish with the green onion and sesame seed. Serve as an appetizer or with sticky rice and ban chan for a meal.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Korean Spicy Chicken Wings - Restaurant Recipe!
Serving Size: 1 (123 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 286.8
- Calories from Fat 128
- Total Fat 14.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 61.1 mg
- Sodium 821.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 18.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
korean red pepper paste