Recipe by bakingbrenda
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. My family and friends enjoy savory and spicy foods. My recipe for this delicious flavorful Korean Pancake has become one of our favorites, I often prepare this pancake for supper, lunch, brunch or even breakfast. It has wonderful delectable sausage, peppers, hoisin sauce flavors and the shinning star flavors of Simply Potatoes Steakhouse Seasoned Diced Potatoes takes this recipe to a new level of super delicious. Plus this recipe takes so little time to prepare and make.
- 1 (16 ounce) packageground pork sausage
- 4 medium serrano peppers, seeded and finely diced
- 1⁄2 cup hoisin sauce, divided
- 1 (20 ounce) package Simply Potatoes Steakhouse Seasoned Diced Potatoes
- 3 large eggs, beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large 12-inch non-stick skillet over medium heat cook sausage and peppers until sausage is no longer pink in color and sausage and peppers are thoroughly cooked. Remove skillet from heat. Remove sausage and pepper mixture from skillet with a slotted spoon. Crumble cooked sausage into smaller pieces. Reserve sausage drippings in skillet; set aside.
- Place cooked crumbled sausage and pepper mixture in a large bowl. Reserve 1/4 cup hoisin sauce for garnish; set aside. Toss remaining 1/4 cup hoisin sauce into sausage and pepper mixture until coated well. Add in package of seasoned diced potatoes and combine until just blended with sausage, pepper and sauce mixture.
- Place sausage, pepper, sauce and potato mixture into sausage drippings evenly in bottom of large 12-inch skillet and over medium heat cook for 4 to 5 minutes, or until sausage, pepper and potato mixture is partially cooked, loosening edges and bottom when needed to prevent over browning. Turn partially cooked sausage, peppers, sauce and potato mixture onto other side in skillet and reduce heat to medium-low setting, carefully toss beaten eggs in to sausage, peppers, sauce and potato mixture until just blended. Cook an additional 4 to 5 minutes, or until sausage, pepper and potato pancake is cooked thoroughly, loosening edges and bottom if needed to prevent over browning. Remove from heat.
- Assemble and serve Korean pancake. Cut Korean pancake into 4 large even wedges. Place one wedge each onto 4 individual serving plates. With reserved 1/4 cup hoisin sauce, drizzle an even tablespoon hoisin sauce over top each wedge serving. Serve warm.