1/2 Photos of Korean Sesame Seed Cookies
Mia in Germany's Note:
I got several recipes from a Korean friend at the university. This is one of the few sweets recipes - a no bake gluten free candylike cookie which looks quite pretty. For the syrup I've so far used molasses, agave and rice syrup successfully. Cooking time doesn't include cooling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Roast white and black sesame seeds seperately in dry pans until they start to pop.
- 2Remove from pan onto plates.
- 3Slowly heat sugar and syrup in a pan, stirring constantly, until sugar dissolves.
- 4Divide the sugar and syrup mixture, mix one half with the white and the other with the black sesame seeds.
- 5Spread both mixes onto seperate parchment or non stick baking paper sheets, cover with another sheet and flatten, then remove top sheets and lay the black sesame layer on top of the white one and remove the sheet from the black layer.
- 6With the help of the underlying sheet roll the black and white layers tightly into a roll, so that the white layer encloses the black one.
- 7Let the roll cool, then slice into about 1/4 to 1/3 inch slices.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Korean Sesame Seed Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (80 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 296.3
- Calories from Fat 111
- Total Fat 12.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 41.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 28.7 g
- Protein 4.4 g