Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Nice change of pace from your traditional flank steak
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3⁄4 lb flank steak, thinly sliced across the grain
- 1⁄2 cup peanut oil, for frying
- Combine all ingredients, except beef and oil, in a nonreactive dish.
- Stir in beef, cover and marinate in refrigerator 3 hours or overnight.
- Remove beef and discard marinade.
- Deep fry beef 3-4 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
This steak is so moist and full of flavor!! It is an easy recipe to follow and after marinading it is so quick to make! Thanks for a keeper Steve_G