Prep 25 mins
Cook 5 mins
From Chatelaine magazine
- 2 (1/2 lb) round steaks (1 lb. total) or 4 (1/4 lb) fast fry eye-of- round steak (1 lb. total)
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- vegetable oil
- If steaks are large, cut in half.
- In a pie plate, stir soy with sugar, garlic, sesame oil, pepper and onions. Add steaks and turn evenly to coat. Marinate at room temperature for 15 minutes, turning occasionlly.
- Lightly coat a large frying pan with oil and set over high heat. When hot, remove steaks from marinade and place in pan. Cook until browned, 2 minutes per side. Reduce heat to medium if steaks start to burn.
- Pour marinade (including onions) over steaks. Cook until sauce is slightly thickened, turning steaks occasionally, 1 to 2 minutes. Place on plates and pour sauce overtop.
- Great with rice and stir-fryed bok choy or spinach.