Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
Simple and quick recipie.
- 1 (8 ounce) package fish cakes
- hot pepper (Bell Pepper would be fine)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon korean red pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 2 chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Boil fish cake a few minutes until they expand, drain. (You can use this water as a broth for other things).
- Sauté onion, carrot and hot pepper after they get soft add fish cake.
- After fish cake starts to get some color add sauce, Cook until it absorbed.
I followed everything except the red pepper powder. Kids couldn't get enough of it.
I am giving this 5 stars even though I used only half of the recipe. You see,,I love salmon patties but you can only do them in a few choice ways. I don't like fresh salmon (go figure!) and I love almost all Asian dishes I've tried....so.... I made my usual American style patties but used your sauce. DELICIOUS! Guess I will call it an Asian/Jewish dish!
This is so easy and absolutely delicious! Serve it warm with steamed white or brown rice. It is really healthy and high protein.