Recipe by CinCity
A terrific salad for Pot Lucks and get togethers. Not to mention a wonderful side dish.
Top Review by adopt a greyhound
Loved this dressing. I added mushrooms but left out bean sprouts, will try them next time. I made this to go with Recipe #83293 and Recipe #30457. Also served appetizer Recipe #44890. Great meal for a relaxing Sun. afternoon watching the race.
- 1⁄2 package spinach
- 1 can sliced water chestnuts
- 1 can bean sprouts
- 5 slices bacon
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 cup oil (I prefer Planters Peanut Oil)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 medium onion
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
Directions See How It's Made
- Dressing: Dice the onion.
- In Blender: add oil, sugar, vinegar, worcestershire sauce, and onion.
- Blend well.
- Salad: Slice bacon crosswise.
- Fry and drain.
- Wash, stem and drain spinach.
- Drain water chestnuts and bean sprouts.
- Dice eggs.
- Layer salad by placing spinach in large bowl.
- Then top with bean sprouts, water chestnuts, bacon, and then eggs.
- Serve with dressing.