1/2 Photos of Korean Rice Cake Soup (Duk Guk)
Upsidedown Again's Note:
This is a delicious soup that Koreans serve at the New Year. You won't find these ingredients in your local groccery store, but an oriental market should have them. This soup is pretty easy, but looks beautiful when served.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 quarts broth (beef or anchovy)
- 1 tablespoon dashida (beef or anchovy)
- 1 (1 7/8 lb) package korean rice cakes
- 1 bunch green onion, cut into 2-inch-long pieces
- 1Bring broth to a boil.
- 2Add dashida and rice cakes.
- 3Boil until rice cakes are tender, about five minutes.
- 4Add green onion and cook for one minute. Remove from heat.
- 5Beat eggs and cook in a thin sheet. Cut into thin strips that are about two inches long.
- 6Cut beef into two-inch-long strips and brown.
- 7Boil dumplings until tender.
- 8For each bowl of soup: spoon soup into bowl and add desired toppings.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Korean Rice Cake Soup (Duk Guk)
Serving Size: 1 (206 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 679.2
- Calories from Fat 157
- Total Fat 17.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 138.6 mg
- Sodium 1507.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 111.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 17.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: