Recipe by BIG_CHIEF
Great little appetizers! Easy. Got this from a Hawaiian friend of mine. Be sure to make plenty, they go fast! Serve hot, warm or at room temperature. Can also be made with whole wings or thighs cut into bite-size pieces. I flour my chicken in a ziplock or paper bag for easy clean-up. An electric frying pan or two work great for these.
- 4 -5 lbs chicken drummettes
- 1 -2 cup flour (season with salt, if desired)
- 1 cup kikkoman light soy sauce
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Thoroughly blend all Sauce ingredients in a medium-sized bowl until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Pour into 8 X 8 inch or similar sized dish.
- Set aside.
- Prepare serving dish by placing a piece of paper towel in bottom.
- Flour chicken, coating thoroughly.
- If chicken gets moist, flour again before frying.
- Fry in hot oil over medium heat until golden brown and crisp, turning as necessary.
- Remove from oil with tongs, allowing some excess to quickly drip back into pan.
- Place chicken directly into the prepared sauce. Let soak for 3-5 minutes, turning every couple minutes until chicken has been thoroughly saturated.
- Remove from sauce, again with tongs, letting some of the excess sauce drip back into dish.
- Place on paper towel lined dish.