Great little appetizers! Easy. Got this from a Hawaiian friend of mine. Be sure to make plenty, they go fast! Serve hot, warm or at room temperature. Can also be made with whole wings or thighs cut into bite-size pieces. I flour my chicken in a ziplock or paper bag for easy clean-up. An electric frying pan or two work great for these.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 -5 lbs chicken drummettes
- 1 -2 cup flour (season with salt, if desired)
- 1Thoroughly blend all Sauce ingredients in a medium-sized bowl until sugar is completely dissolved.
- 2Pour into 8 X 8 inch or similar sized dish.
- 3Set aside.
- 4Prepare serving dish by placing a piece of paper towel in bottom.
- 5Flour chicken, coating thoroughly.
- 6If chicken gets moist, flour again before frying.
- 7Fry in hot oil over medium heat until golden brown and crisp, turning as necessary.
- 8Remove from oil with tongs, allowing some excess to quickly drip back into pan.
- 9Place chicken directly into the prepared sauce. Let soak for 3-5 minutes, turning every couple minutes until chicken has been thoroughly saturated.
- 10Remove from sauce, again with tongs, letting some of the excess sauce drip back into dish.
- 11Place on paper towel lined dish.
Browse Our Top Hawaiian Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hawaiian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Korean Pupu Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (303 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 692.6
- Calories from Fat 238
- Total Fat 26.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 245.1 mg
- Sodium 2988.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 26.0 g
- Protein 65.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar