Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I have been looking for a Korean potato recipe like my favorite Korean restaurant. I found it online and tried it and it was just what I was looking for!
- 2-3 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 onion, cut in bite sized pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 36.97 ml soy sauce
- 14.79 ml corn syrup
- 14.79 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml water
- 14.79-29.58 ml olive oil
- Rinse potatoes to remove starch.
- Heat pan and add olive oil. Add potatoes and garlic and cook until the potatoes look a little translucent, then add the onion. Keep stirring.
- Add water, soy sauce, sugar, corn syrup and mix and simmer over medium heat for about 10 minutes until liquid is evaporated. If it needs more water, add some.
- When potato is cooked take off stove and add 1 T of sesame oil and a sprinkle of sesame seeds.
Love these! I used four large red scrubbed unpeeled potatoes, added the garlic after potatoes had cooked for a while, and used 1/2 large sweet onion. I did not add the corn syrup. I used low sodium soy sauce, and needed to sprinkle some kosher salt over the dish when the sesame seeds were added. Will make again for sure. Tried to give 5 stars but they won't register for some reason.
So tasty and unusual, if one is not from Korea, obviously.
This was delicious! I did add another ingredient I added sesame oil to the soy sauce, sugar and corn syrup. Instead of using corn syrup I used LIGHT corn syrup. My picky toddler loves this with rice.