Prep 45 mins
Cook 3 hrs
a.k.a. gori-gomtang. perfect remedy for a hangover. *http://www.asianonlinerecipes.com/online_recipes/korea/oxtail-soup.php
- 1 1⁄2 kg oxtails, jointed
- 8 cups water
- 2 slices fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon toasted crushed sesame seeds
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped spring onions
- 3 teaspoons finely chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped gingerroot
- Put oxtail into a large pan with water, ginger and salt.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer until meat is tender.
- Take off any froth and scum that forms on the surface.
- This may take about 2 hours.
- If a pressure cooker is used, it should take about 45 minutes.
- Liquid should be reduced to about 6 cups.
- Combine remaining ingredients and serve with soup as a dipping sauce for the pieces of oxtail.