Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Korean Spicy Squid from hannaone.com the Korean cooker
Make and share this Korean Ojingo Bokum recipe from Food.com.
- 2 small whole squid
- 4 green onions or 4 spring onions
- 2 large hot green peppers (JalapeÃƒ o or hot green chili)
- 14.79 ml olive oil or 14.79 ml vegetable oil
- 14.79 ml pure toasted sesame oil
- 2.46 ml sesame seeds
- 1 large carrot (optional)
- 1 white onions (optional) or 1 yellow onion (optional)
- 0 small green cabbage (optional)
- 3 large mushrooms (optional)
- 1 head broccoli (optional)
Stir Fry Sauce
- 14.79 ml soy sauce
- 14.79 ml oyster sauce
- 4.92 ml rice wine
- 29.58 ml red chili paste (gochujang)
- 4.92 ml sugar
- 6 fresh garlic cloves, peeled
- 2.46 ml black pepper
- 1 inch fresh gingerroot, peeled
- water, as needed
- 14.79 ml fine ground red chili pepper (optional)
- Stir Fry Sauce.
- Cut ginger into smaller pieces.
- Put ginger, garlic, rice wine, and soy sauce into blender, then blend into smooth paste (add just a bit of water if needed to aid in blending).
- Mix blended paste and all other sauce ingredients in a small bowl and let sit for fifteen minutes. Thin with water as needed to make a "pourable" paste.
- Clean the squid. (Your fish market should be able to clean the squid for you) Wash well in cold water.
- Slit the squid body from the triangle (where the "wings" and body meet) to the head cavity, open and flatten.
- Cut into 1/4 inch wide strips from the "head" to the "tail".
- Cut the strips into about 2 inch sections.
- Slit the tentacle ring, flatten, and cut each tentacle free from the others. Cut tentacles into about 2 inch sections.
- Wash peppers in cold water and remove stems. Cut in half from top to bottom, then slice each half into three or four slivers from top to bottom.
- Trim top and bottom of green onions, wash in cold water, then cut into about 2 inch lengths.
- Optional Vegetables (Use any or all).
- Cut onion in half from to bottom. Slice 1/2 the onion, from top to bottom, into about 1/4 inch wide slices.
- Remove and discard outer cabbage leaves, then cut in half from top to bottom. Cut one section in half again, from top to bottom. Slice into about 1/2 inch wide slices.
- Trim top and bottom of carrot, and wash in cold water. Cut into strips about the same size as the squid strips.
- Wash and thin slice mushrooms.
- Separate broccoli florets and wash in cold water.
- Preheat a large stir fry pan over high heat for about 30 seconds. Add cooking oil then add in the following order, about 30 to 45 seconds apart.
- (Broccoli and carrot, stir fry about 40 seconds if used).
- (Onion slices, stir fry 30 seconds if used).
- Squid, green onion, (and cabbage if used), stir fry 30 seconds.
- Sauce and pepper, stir fry 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add sesame oil, toss and serve garnished with sesame seed.