Prep 45 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are good warm or cold. I served them for a dinner party, and one guy alone ate maybe two thirds of them (damn hog! lol).
- 2 cups ground beef
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted and crushed
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sesame oil
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- all-purpose flour, for coating
- 2 eggs, beaten
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1⁄2 in. ginger, grated
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted and crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder (ideally, the red Korean variety)
- 1 pinch sugar
- Mix together ingredients for the dipping sauce.
- For the meatballs, mix the ground beef, soy sauce, scallions, sesame seeds, sesame oil, and pepper. Let sit for about a half hour.
- Form the meat mixture into balls about 1-1/2 inches in diameter. Toss in flour and dip in egg, letting any extra egg drip off.
- Heat oil in a non-stick skillet, and fry the meatballs until browned and crisp all around (and cooked through -- let's not get anyone sick!).
- Serve warm or old with the vinegar dipping sauce.