Recipe by Lilladyc
Delicious marinade given to me years ago by a Korean woman. Excellent for any kind of meat- beef, roast, chicken, pork, ribs, and shrimp. Prep time does not include slicing meat, and cook time depends on what you are cooking and by what method, and does not include marinading time. )The longer the marinading time, the better!). Enjoy!
Top Review by Jin
I used this recipes several times to marinate my short ribs, and they come out delicious every time. But I like to add a lot of garlic so I add about 2 tablespoons of minced garlic and I puree chopped onions until I get half a cup and add that to the marinade too.
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil (or any other oil)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 tablespoon Accent seasoning or 1⁄2 tablespoon msg (optional, but better with)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (or less to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- If using roast, slice paper-thin.
- Pour marinade over meat.
- If using any kind of beef, let soak overnight room temperature.
- (The salt content from the soy sauce keeps beef from going bad).
- If using any kind of chicken, pork, ribs, or shrimp,refrigerate for up to 24 hours in fridge, then cook.
- Can cook on grill, bake, broil, quick panfry.