Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
- 1 package tofu, firm style
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb pork, fresh ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 6 stalks scallions, washed and sliced thin
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot chili paste
- 4 cups rice, cooked and hot
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, leaves separated,washed and drained
- Drain the tofu and place it in a strainer for 30 minutes.
- Heat a wok or no-stick pan over high heat.
- Add oil; coat wok or pan.
- Add pork, scallions and garlic.
- Stir-fry for 3 to 4 minutes or until brown.
- Crumble in the tofu, add the Hoisin sauce, and soy.
- Heat through, remove from the heat and stir in the sesame oil and chile paste.
- To serve, spoon some pork mixture and rice onto lettuce leaves; wrap to enclose.
- Eat with a little soy as a dipping sauce.
Good recipe.Light but satisfying. My family will not eat nor even take a look at tofu but they ate it without knowing it :)I have some bean sprout at hand and added it right before I took the pan from the heat. I like my bean sprouts a bit crunchy. Thanks for posting.
I forgot to make the rice and still this was a good dinner. I tripled the garlic (at least), sauted it with half a alrge onion and added bean sprouts after I removed it from the heat as suggested in another review. Very quick cooking and clean up. Thanks!