This is an EASY version you can make in a day! Cook time is marinating time. Prep time is soaking time for the cabbage.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large colander, mix cabbage with 4 Tbs salt.
- 2Let sit for 3 hours.
- 3Rinse cabbage thoroughly 2 or 3 times.
- 4Gently squeeze out excess liquid with your hands.
- 5Place the drained cabbage in a large glass bowl.
- 6Add the remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly(This is salty, if you like, add less salt, to taste).
- 7Cover cabbage mixture tightly with plastic wrap and let sit at room temperature for 1 or 2 days.
- 8Chill Kim Chee before serving.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Korean Kimchee in a Day!
Serving Size: 1 (500 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 40.7
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 6990.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 7.8 g
- Protein 1.2 g