Recipe by Theresa/ Thunderbird
My dad got this recipe from a Korean lady when he was in korea about 28 years ago.My mom makes it really really hot by adding more pepper but I like it with less.
Top Review by Theresa/ Thunderbird
Fancy cabbage and peppers could be used in this recipe but rember it came from a korean lady living in korea,She did not have those ingredients. This is the orignial recipe they used to bury in the ground to ferment. Not everyone likes it the way you do howard. To each his own.
- 1 head cabbage
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup salt
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 cups water (to start with)
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop or slice cabbage into bite size pieces.
- Put in a large bowl.
- Add salt to about 2 cups water.
- Stir to dissolve; pour over cabbage.
- Add more water--enough to cover all cabbage and let stand overnight and all the next day.
- Drain & rinse cabbage.
- Add about 1 cup water the garlic and pepper flakes.
- Let stand 2 more days then put in the fridge to chill and then eat.