48 hrs 30 mins
Theresa/ Thunderbird's Note:
My dad got this recipe from a Korean lady when he was in korea about 28 years ago.My mom makes it really really hot by adding more pepper but I like it with less.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Chop or slice cabbage into bite size pieces.
- 2Put in a large bowl.
- 3Add salt to about 2 cups water.
- 4Stir to dissolve; pour over cabbage.
- 5Add more water--enough to cover all cabbage and let stand overnight and all the next day.
- 6Drain & rinse cabbage.
- 7Add about 1 cup water the garlic and pepper flakes.
- 8Let stand 2 more days then put in the fridge to chill and then eat.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Korean Kimchee
Serving Size: 1 (256 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 46.5
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 11352.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 2.7 g