Recipe by Cluich
A friend of mine passed this along to me a few weeks ago, and I can't thank him enough. Served over rice, this makes a great meal by itself. And it's so quick and simple to make!
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 (19 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained (or 2 cups cooked beans)
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine soy sauce, brown sugar, 1/3 cup water, hoisin sauce, garlic, and ginger, and kidney beans in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- In a small bowl, dissolve cornstarch in 1/4 cup water, and add to the bean mixture. Cook, stirring constantly, for a couple of minutes, until heated through.