1/2 Photos of Korean-Inspired Beef in Pita Wraps
I've just made this for dinner, it's really great! :) I added lots of black pepper, but that's a personal preference. Preparation time does not include marinating time. NOTE: It's supposed to be black rice vinegar, not black vinegar :/ Instructions on OAMC have been added.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon black vinegar (or substitute white rice vinegar)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons gingerroot, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 slice beef, uncooked (your favourite cut, I presume. The one my mum bought simply said "for barbecuing")
- 1 whole wheat pita bread
- 1Combine the soy sauce, black rice vinegar, sesame oil, ginger, garlic and black pepper in a small bowl (do not use metal).
- 2Stab your beef with a fork.
- 3Add the beef to the marinade. Make sure it's evenly coated!
- 4Cover with foil and leave in the fridge to marinate, from 1/2 hour to 3 hours, depending on how strong you like the flavours.
- 5When ready to cook, preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- 6Slice the pita bread into half carefully and grill it until toasted. Remove and put on a plate.
- 7Remove your beef from the fridge and pour whatever remaining marinade into a frying pan.
- 8Heat until it starts to bubble, then add your beef.
- 9(Depending on how you like your beef to be cooked, and also the cooking time here will change.).
- 10Cook for about 2 minutes on each side, turning beef with a pair of tongs.
- 11Put a leaf of lettuce on your pita bread, followed by tomato, then the beef and another leaf of lettuce.
- 12Devour. Warning: it's gonna get messy.
- 13OAMC INSTRUCTIONS:.
- 14To freeze: place marinade ingredients and meat in a zip top bag. Freeze.
- 15To serve: Thaw and cook as desired.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Korean-Inspired Beef in Pita Wraps
Serving Size: 1 (90 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 224.8
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1011.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 7.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: