1 hr 15 mins
Happy Harry #2's Note:
This recipe comes to me via one of my students and his mother. Since I was shown in person, my notes were poor so I used a recipe from a Korean church bulletin along with their instructions. This is really easy and yummy. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast, pounded lightly cut in narrow strips
- 4 -5 cups sodium-free chicken broth, warmed (homemade is best)
- 1 lb Baby Spinach
- 1/2 lb button mushroom, sliced
- 1/4 lb snow pea pods
- fresh peeled gingerroot, minced (about the size of a child's thumb)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds, divided
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce, divided
- 12 whole walnuts, broken in large pieces
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- 2 green onions, chopped, white tops only
- 5 -6 cups steamed white rice
- 1Place the following in bowl or freeze bag: ginger root,1 clove garlic, 1 tbsp oil, 2 tbsp soy, and 1 tbsp sesame seeds. Add chicken and marinate two to four hrs in cool spot.
- 2Combine beef, egg, 1 clove garlic, 2 tbsp each of soy, oil, and sesame seed.
- 3Form into walnut sized balls with a piece of walnut meat in the middle. Roll balls in cornstarch and then in the egg.
- 4Brown lightly in 1 tbsp oil, remove from pan and set aside.
- 5Heat pan to medium high, add 1/2 tbsp oil and saute snow peas 2-3 minutes; add mushrooms and continue with saute until mushrooms release their liquid. Remove from pan and set aside.
- 6Add chicken and saute. Discard marinate.
- 7Blanch spinach in boiling water until just limp. Drain.
- 8Arrange meat and vegetables in Dutch oven or chafing dish.
- 9Add broth carefully and simmer to keep warm. Top with egg and green onion.
- 10Place rice in individual bowls. Serve mixture over over rice. End this meal with eating broth with or without rice.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Korean Hot Pot (Sin-Su-Lo)
Serving Size: 1 (323 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 973.3
- Calories from Fat 254
- Total Fat 28.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 166.4 mg
- Sodium 839.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 137.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.7 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 40.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sodium-free chicken broth
snow pea pods