This 'tea' is delicious, and very soothing on the throat through the winter. In Korea, it is made with pomelo or citron, but I have also enjoyed it with lemon, and have heard that it can be made with any citrus fruit. Among my small circle of Korean friends, no one makes this at home, so I learned from some kind of sketchy instructions off the internet, and am enjoying the results. In the comments section, I welcome input from anyone who can tell me more. This makes a wonderful winter holiday gift.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Set a stainless cooking pot on top of your kitchen scale, and adjust the weight to zero.
- 2Peel the citrus fruit, and remove seeds, membrane, and as much of the white pith as you can. With pomelo, there's a thick layer of pith that can be shaved off with a knife.
- 3On a cutting board that doesn't taste like onion or garlic, thinly slice both fruit and rind, and transfer to pot. Catch and include as much of the juice as you can. When the scale reaches 1 lb, you have enough.
- 4Pour in sugar until the scale reads 1 1/2 lbs, honey until the scale read 2 lbs, and water until the scale reads 2 1/2 lbs.
- 5Place saucepan on stovetop and bring to a boil, stirring as needed. Reduce to simmer, and simmer 1-2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- 6Transfer mixture to jars. Process in water bath to seal if desired. Place unsealed jars in the refrigerator. According to your measure of patience, wait 1-4 weeks before using.
- 7To use: Place one or two generous spoonfuls of fruit and honey mixture in a mug. Add boiling water. Drink up! You can eat the fruit and peel if you like.
Browse Our Top 5 Ingredients Or Less Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All 5 Ingredients Or Less Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Korean Honey Citrus Tea (Cooked Version)
Serving Size: 1 (681 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 310.5
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 15.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 81.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 81.3 g
- Protein 0.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: