Chef #928625's Note:
Amazing.Prep time does not include time to marinate.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 beef heart, about 1 1/2 pounds
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 cup rice wine (ch'onju or chinese rice wine)
- 1 Asian pears, grated or 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 green onions, green and white part, finely minced
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed and minced
- 6 walnut halves, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- black pepper, to taste
- 1Clean and trim the heart of the outer membrane and any excess fat(this is very easy as there is very little actual fat inside the heart,most of it will be outside the muscle tissue).
- 2Using a sharp knife ,cut the meat into strips about 1/2-1 '' wide and almost paper thin.
- 3Mix all marinade ingredients,mix with the meat,massaging everything together and marinade overnight.Start a fire about 30 minutes before cooking time-charcoal is best but your preference.
- 4thread the meat strips onto skewers ,passing the skewers through the meat several times lengthwise.
- 5Grill about 4 minutes per side or until done to your liking.
You Might Also Like...View All Beef Organ Meats Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Korean Grilled Heart Kebabs(Yomt'ong Kui)
Serving Size: 1 (74 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 117.1
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 505.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 8.1 g
- Protein 2.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: