Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
i got this in my email, it looks perfect for the grilling season, and for low carb diets.
- 2 lbs chicken pieces
- 2 tablespoons garlic and red chile paste
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon grated gingerroot
- 2 scallions, minced
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Splenda sugar substitute
- Put your chicken in a large zipper-lock plastic bag.
- Mix together everything else, and pour it over the chicken.
- Press out the air, seal the bag, and toss it in the fridge.
- Let your chicken marinate for several hours.
- When it's time to cook, fire up the grill.
- You'll want it at medium to medium-high.
- When the grill is ready for cooking, remove the chicken from the bag, and pour the marinade into a bowl for basting.
- Cook your chicken skin-side up for about 12-15 minutes, keeping the grill closed except when basting.
- Turn it skin-side down and let it grill for 7-9 minutes, again with the grill closed.
- Turn it skin-side up again, and let it grill until the juices run clear when pierced to the bone and an instant-read thermometer registers 180°F Baste several times with the marinade while cooking, basting for the last time at least 5 minutes before you're done cooking the chicken.
- Discard remaining marinade, and serve chicken.
Great marinade! Spicy and delicious.I used some dry red wine in place of the sherry. Thanks Chia
****** This really deserves that 6th star! I marinated boneless skinless chicken breasts overnight. The results were sublimely tender and spicy without being fire breathing hot. Prepared mine on the George Foreman and didn't have any of the smokey problems that sometimes occur. Served this with snap peas and water chesnuts. This is going to be on of my staples.
Delicious! I marinated it overnight. We had it last nigh for dinner and I had the leftovers for lunch today — yummy even cold! I will be making this again.