Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
Very easy, very tasty. Works on any cut of chicken. Makes great wings for appetizers.
- 1⁄4 cup sesame seeds
- 1⁄4 cup corn oil
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup dark corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup onion (sliced)
- 1 garlic clove (crushed)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 lbs chicken (cut into pieces)
- In a shallow baking dish stir together the first nine ingredients.
- Add chicken, turning to coat. Cover and refrigerate, turning once, at least three hours.
- Grill over low coals or using indirect method, turning and basting frequently, about 50 minutes.
family loved my daughter is korean so like to try something once a week. 6 years old and asked for thirds. served with basmati rice. grilled on george foreman very easy and not too much spice.
we loved this its great
These wings were pretty good. I made this exactly as written (except that I used fresh ginger rather than the ground), grilling them over indirect heat for about an hour. They looked beautiful and tasted good. Next time I think I'll add some hot pepper sauce as we thought these needed a little 'zip'. Thanks Pokey!