Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
From a supermarket recipe card. Soak wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes before grilling. Note marination time.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs sirloin steaks (1 inch thick)
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 3⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Cut beef into 1/4 inch slices. Place in a resealable plastic bag.
- In a small bowl, stir together soy sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, 1 T water, garlic, ginger and red pepper flakes.
- Pour over meat in the bag; seal. Marinate for 2-12 hours.
- Coat grill rack with non-stick cooking spray. Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Drain steak; discard marinade.
- Thread steak onto skewers, folding back and forth. Grill, uncovered, for 6-8 minutes, turning once halfway through grilling.
placed the other half in a wok with some stir fry veges. While they were both good, the portion that was stir-fried had more spice to it and was excellent over rice. A complete meal that was really easy to put together. I think I will cut back on the soy sauce a little next time though because it seemed pretty salty to me.