1/4 Photos of Korean Gogi Bokum (Deep Fried Beef Slices)
This beef is to be served with Bulgogi dipping sauce Korean Yangnyum Kanjang (Bulgogi Sauce) Very tasty delicious dish. You do not have to deep fry the beef - I stir fried it in 2 tbsp Olive oil. I also twinned a vegetarian version while I cooked the regular beef. I used Meatless Beef tenders and followed the recipe just as if it were meat.(see pictures)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the beef as you would for stir fry, then pound each piece so it is very thin.
- 2Arrange beef single layer in a dish and sprinkle over it the green onion, leek & garlic.
- 3Mix the sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil & chili sauce together.
- 4Spoon over the beef.
- 5Marinate for 2 hours or more in the refrigerator.
- 6Heat the peanut oil in a wok until it is very hot.
- 7Fry each piece of beef for a few seconds only.
- 8Drain on paper towel.
- 9Serve at once over rice with Bulgogi sauce.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Korean Gogi Bokum (Deep Fried Beef Slices)
Serving Size: 1 (49 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 554.9
- Calories from Fat 396
- Total Fat 44.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 86.1 mg
- Sodium 1091.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 36.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lean rump steak